Garton's church, St Michael's and All Angels, was designated a Grade I listed building in 1966 and is now recorded in the National Heritage List for England, maintained by Historic England. It is on the Sykes Churches Trail devised by the East Yorkshire Churches Group. The church dates back to Norman times, circa 1132. In the 19th century it was restored by John Loughborough Pearson, with funding from Sir Tatton Sykes, 4th Baronet of nearby Sledmere House. Later his son.
Early December Afternoon on Pump Lane just outside St. Michaels Church, Garton on the Wolds we wondered if it was going to be another heavy shower the suddenly the Sun came out and illuminated this half of the Village
Caught in a late winter's afternoon is The 148 Squardron's Memorial sighted out of the village of Lissett in East Yorkshire, the memorial was erected in the grounds of the old RAF Lissett Station which is now a Wind Farm
Weaverthorpe is situated on the northern edge of the Yorkshire Wolds between Scarborough, Bridlington and Driffield. The village Church was built in the 12th Century and it doors are alway open, the photograph depicts a typical Wolds Village in this largley Agicultural County
Last day of Winter an afternoon photograph looking down the Mere, in a westerley direction soon to be a hive of activity with visiting waterfowl who will breed during the spring time early summer months. The Mere on the Western side of Scarborough is managed by the Scarborough Fishing Club
An avenue of Trees absorbs the Afternoon Sun which leads to St Martins Church,an Historic Church, Lowthorpe, East Yorkshire in the diocese of Driffield.
From the old wharf to the town lock on the horizon Driffield's old canal basin has been restored and refurbished in recent years to a high standard, mills have been converted to flats the rivered has been created providing a natural habitat to the canal banks whillst an access is now available to all past the town lock to follow the canal on it's route to the Humber
Low sunlight over Driffield Canal on a November Afternoon casts a golden glow illuminating this canal side Farmhouse and the rippled reflections over the water, the scene looks more Autuminal than Winter, fallen scattered leaves have decorated the Canal Side.
St Martins is the Parish Church of Burton Agnes, it is situated to the West of Buton Agnes Hall. In the chancel is a stone carving of William Wilberforce, placed there by his son Robert, who served as rector of Burton Agnes from 1840-1845. Robert Wilberforce also presented the east window in memory of his father. PLEASE NOTE IF A CANVAS PRINT IS ORDERED PART OF THE GABLE END WILL BE LOST IN THE WRAP
Soaring Like a Bird above Sewerby Cliff Tops, North Bay, Bridlington one of the Paragliders provides some free entertainment for the onlookers
Flying off the Sewerby Cliff Tops above Bridlington's North Bay this Paraglider is taking in the sights of not only the Bay, but Bridlington Town and Flamborough Headland
First of the year a stunning Rainbow straddles the North Bay Bridlington on the East Coast of Yorkshire England
Three Intrepid Para Gliders check out the Thermal at Sewerby Cliff Tops, Bridlington, North Bay. with Sewerby Hall Estate in the background