The Museum based in Cetral Bradford when this Photograph was taken used to hold the Royal Photograph Society Collection. they are now housed in London,. The Film, Media, Radio, Web Photography remain. This Photograph was taken fromthe Public Highway.
4144 was built at Swindon in September 1946 and withdrawn, from Severn Tunnel Junction depot, in March 1965, being sent to Woodham Bros. of Barry for cutting up. It survived there until it was bought jointly by the Society and one of its members in 1974. Its rebuild was completed in 1997 and it was used on the “Steam on the Met” in 1998. Seen here at the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway'2020 Steam Gala prior to Haulingn 13:50 hrs departure to Oxenhope
A Cannon stands guard over the Hull Marina giving a stark contrast of ancient and modern, the cannno a reminder of Hull's Maritme Heritage and the adjacent Office Blocks looking forward to Hull as a thriving City of he Future.
British Railways was formed on the 1st January 1948 and continued until 1997 in 1965 they Traded as British Rail when this logo was superceeded by the two arrows depecting the rail track.