The lighthouse stands just north of the Victorian seaside resort of Silloth on the north coast of Cumbria. It was established in 1864 as a warning for shipping on the Solway Firth. Originally mobile, it could be moved on a short rail track. However, in 1914 it was converted to the fixed position where it now stands. In a beautiful position, it looks over the Solway Firth to the coast, hills and mountains of Galloway in Scotland. This image was captured at sunset towards the end of June.
Image size: 4516 x 2925, 10.15Mb | Camera details: NIKON D7000 | Date uploaded: 23/11/2018