Cloch Point lighthouse was completed and first lit by oil lamp in 1797. It was built to warn ships off The Gantock rocks, in the Firth of Clyde, Scotland. The picture shows the view looking across the Clyde to Innellan on the east shore of the Cowal Peninsula, Argyll. The remains of the keepers houses can also be seen.
Rubha nan Gall Lighthouse was built in 1857 and automated in 1960. Situated on Rubha nan Gall or Stranger's Point just north of Tobermory on Isle of Mull, Scotland. The background of the photo is looking across the Sound of Mull towards the mainland and Loch Sunart. The picture was taken on a sunny June day
Otherwise known as Lismore Lighthouse, built in 1833 on Eilean Musdile an islet at the south west end of Lismore in the Firth of Lorn, Inner Hebrides, Scotland.
Lighthouse on Fladda Island in the Sound of Luing, Western Isles, Scotland
A view of Toward Lighthouse on the Toward Point, Cowal Peninsula, Argyll and Bute, Scotland. Completed in 1812 by Robert Stevenson. The picture shows the lighthouse keeper's houses and the building on the foreshore housed the steam driven fog horn.
View of Cloch Pt light house on the Clyde, Argyl, Scotland with Isle of Arran in the background taken in the Autumn sunshine.
Rough seas around Godrevy Lighthouse, St Ives Bay, Cornwall. Built in 1858 the lighthouse stands approximately 300m off Godrevy Head marking the Stones reef. The photo shows the waves breaking over the reef.
The lighthouse was built in 1847 as a guide for vessels in the Bristol Channel. It is situated on the north west extremity of Trevose Headland with steep cliffs of granite rising sheer from the sea to a height of 150 feet or more.