There has been a church on this site since around 800 A.D. The present building was begun in 1094 by Ranulf Flambard and has since been in continuous use as a place of prayer and pilgrimage. Visitors never fail to be amazed to find such a beautiful church tucked away in this corner of Dorset, where it dominates the skyline of the historic town of Christchurch. In Simon Jenkins' book Thousand Best Churches the Priory was one of only eighteen churches awarded 5 stars and was described in The Times Newspaper as the least appreciated of Grand Churches.
Image size: 4508 x 3000, 23.24Mb | Camera details: NIKON D5000 | Date uploaded: 31/07/2018